The next Dhwani talk is by Dr. Sakuntala Narasimhan on The Musical Heritage of India.
Our last event was a talk by Mr. Kamal Kant Jaswal, Chairman of Common Cause, on Friday the 16th of June.
Older talks include the following:
- Sunil Sahasrabudhey on knowledge production in society, on the 6th of June.
- Dr. M.B. Rajani on using remote sensing to understand and preserve our cultural heritage, on 24th May.
- Dr. V. Siddhartha, NIAS, on The Dimensions And Roles of Science & Technology in India’s Foreign Policy, on Tuesday the 2nd of May, 2017.
- Dr. T.V. Ramachandra, IISc, on Lake Conservation and Regional Water Security, on Thursday, the 27th of April 2017.
- Prof. S. Ranganathan, IISc, on wootz steel, a high-carbon steel alloy from ancient India, on Thursday the 13th of April, 2017.
- Ms. Helaine Selin, formerly of Hampshire College, Massachusetts, USA, on Happiness across non-Western Cultures, on Saturday the 25th of March, 2017.
- Ms. Nupur Tandon and Ms. Jahnavi Sharma, ProWaste, Bangalore, on Micro-management of waste, with JNCASR as a case study, on Thursday the 29th of September, 2016.
- Prof. Amman Madan, Azim Premji University, on the draft National Education Policy 2016, on 15th September 2016.
- Prof. G. Padmanaban , Department of Biochemistry, IISc, on GM crops in Indian agriculture, on 17th August 2016.
- Dr. Megha Shenoy, ATREE, on Consumption patterns in Bangalore and Manila, on 21st July 2016.
- Dr. Shoibal Chakravarty, NIAS, on India’s renewable energy future, on 13th July 2016.
Documentary-screenings as part of Dhwani usually start on Thursday nights at 9pm.
Talks (followed by discussions) under Dhwani auspices are usually held on Wednesday evenings at 5:30 pm.